It has been another successful season for Lewis Hamilton and the newly crowned Formula One world champion has more records in his sights in Abu Dhabi.
Hamilton now only trails Michael Schumacher for F1 titles, and the Mercedes man has already overtaken the German's record for pole positions and front-row starts this year.
Further opportunities lie in wait at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix as the Briton looks to end the year on a high.
Here, we take a look at the best numbers ahead the final weekend of the 2017 campaign at the Yas Marina circuit.
- Lewis Hamilton is enjoying his best run of points scoring finishes (24 races in a row) equalling Michael Schumacher’s best run and only bettered by Kimi Raikkonen (27).
- Hamilton needs one more pole position to equal his record in a single season (12 in 2016).
- Vettel – who won his first in Abu Dhabi in 2010 - is the driver with the most wins in F1 on the Arabian Peninsula (6, one more than Hamilton).
- Raikkonen has gone 94 races without a win, the longest run from one win to the next is held by Riccardo Patrese (99).
- Force India need 23 more points to reach 1,000 in F1, they'd be the eighth team to reach this milestone.
- Mercedes have won the last three races in Abu Dhabi (twice Lewis Hamilton, once with Nico Rosberg), the longest run of any team there.
- Valtteri Bottas needs to win at Yas Marina and Sebastian Vettel finish ninth or worse to secure second place in the Championship.
- If Max Verstappen (20 years, 1 month and 24 days) secures pole in this race he would be the youngest driver to do so in F1 history, Vettel whose first pole position came at 21 years, 2 months and 11 days currently holds the record.
- Abu Dhabi will be Felipe Massa's last race in F1 – it will be his 269th outing, putting him sixth on the all-time list.
- In Brazil, Pierre Gasly gained the joint most positions in the first lap of any driver in a first lap of a race this season (same as Max Verstappen in China, nine positions).
- If Carlos Sainz finishes ninth he will equal in four races, and with the same car, the same number of points that Jolyon Palmer earned in his first 16 (8).
23 de mayo 2018
|De Villiers tributes led by Du Plessis, Kallis and Tendulkar|
|Buttler ´maturity´ is just what England need, says Vaughan|
|Fit-again Wawrinka returns to winning ways|
|Toulouse take giant step towards Ligue 1 survival|
|Jets will not punish players for incurring anthem-related fines|
|F1 Raceweek: Hamilton and Bottas looking to build momentum - Monaco GP in numbers|
|Steelers´ Antonio Brown advises Le´Veon Bell to ´show up´|
|Stephens out in Nuremberg, Stosur wins Strasbourg final rematch|
|Clippers extend coach Rivers´ contract|
|Ancelotti ´thrilled´ by Serie A return with Napoli|
|Carlo´s Angels? Napoli boss poses for unusual photograph|
|Brady will attend Patriots mini-camp despite OTA absence - Kraft|
|World Cup hero, Champions League master - the best of Andres Iniesta|
|Heading to my new home - Iniesta drops massive Vissel Kobe hint|
|Neymar fitter than Brazil expected ahead of World Cup|
|Jardim, Jokanovic reject Chelsea speculation|
|Knight Riders rally dumps out Royals in IPL eliminator|
|Salah, Mane, Firmino trio could blow Madrid away, says Redknapp|
|Napoli appoint Ancelotti after Sarri departure|
|NFL stars must stand for national anthem if on field|
|Mascherano laments Romero injury blow|
|´Mr 360´ De Villiers retires after going full circle|
|Ronaldo already a Real Madrid legend like Di Stefano - Nacho|
|Pep or Pepe? The Spanish footsteps Emery could follow|
|Arizona, New Orleans land Super Bowls as NFL draft heads to Nashville|
|Sarri thanked by Napoli chief De Laurentiis amid Ancelotti reports|
|You never know! - Vettel and Hamilton joke about potential Ferrari link-up|
|It´s a silly question - Carrick insists Pogba has Man Utd future|
|Yates protects Giro lead as Viviani takes fourth stage win|
|Ozil one of Arsenal´s biggest talents - Emery|
|Fastest ODI hundred, 278 not out - De Villiers´ best knocks|
|Deschamps: Rabiot has made a huge mistake|
|Arsenal players can challenge for titles, Emery insists|
|Salah can seal Ballon d´Or with Champions League win - Riise|
|I want Real Madrid to lose Champions League final - Alba|
|Leverkusen sign goalkeeper Hradecky|
|Arsenal job a ´dream come true´ for Emery|
|De Villiers hailed as a ´colossus´ after quitting Proteas|
|Benitez expects Lascelles to stay amid reported Liverpool interest|
|Saha tells Martial: Stay and work for Manchester United future|
|Atletico Madrid defender Savic undergoes hip surgery|
|Bess to make Lord´s debut against Pakistan|
|Vissel Kobe announce news conference amid Iniesta speculation|
|Yan Dhanda leaves Liverpool for Swansea|
|Injured Chung out of French Open|
|I wish he´ll come to PSG - Motta wants Buffon reunion|
|Guardiola praises new Arsenal boss Emery|
|Defensive woes, travel sickness and Ozil´s role - Emery´s Arsenal to-do list|
|WATCH: Anthony Joshua serves up Stephen Curry assist|
|De Villiers announces international retirement|
|Salah not comparable to Ronaldo yet - Karius|
|Toure open to Manchester United switch & wants to play with Pogba|
|Rockets backed up fighting talk, says Harden|
|Europa League master, record return at PSG - Arsenal boss Emery in Opta numbers|
|Curry not taking the blame for defeated Warriors|
|Arsenal confirm Emery appointment|
|Bellamy confirms talks with Brisbane Broncos|
|Ref took Champions League final away from Roma - Under|
|Goals galore and sinking City - Liverpool´s road to the Champions League final|
|Benitez: Winning Champions League changed my life|
|Brewers extend Diamondbacks´ losing streak to six|
|Weidenfeller bids farewell in Schmelzer´s last game as Dortmund captain|
|Owen surprised by Zidane success|
|Rockets break Warriors´ 16-game home postseason win streak|
|Bennett keen to see out contract as Broncos target Bellamy|
|Copa Libertadores Review: Silva helps Cruzeiro into last 16|
|Chargers tight end Henry suffers torn ACL|
|WATCH: Harden dunks all over Green|
|Madrid are linked to 50 players – Ronaldo laughs off Neymar rumours|
|Giants sign wide receiver Shepard|