New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton did his best Captain Obvious impression when asked about Tom Brady's huge bounceback game Sunday. Brady also lauded one of his running backs as one of the best team-mates he's ever had.
New York Jets linebacker Jordan Jenkins had no issue with Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch dancing on the sideline, but said his team-mates should be bothered by Sunday's embarrassing loss.
The Seattle Seahawks had an "ugly" win over the San Francisco 49ers. the Green Bay Packers are upset with officiating and the Los Angeles Chargers are sticking with rookie kicker Younghoe Koo, who is just one for four after missing two in Sunday's "brutal" loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Struggling quarterback Andy Dalton still has the backing of the Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer gives a confusing update on Sam Bradford's knee and the NFL still thinks Los Angeles will embrace the Rams and Chargers despite Sunday's poor attendance.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
- Payton on Brady's 447 passing yards against the Saints: "Obviously, there were some guys open."
10 undefeated teams remain... pic.twitter.com/XV5EYKokvr— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2017
- Brady on Patriots running back James White: "I've played with a lot of great team-mates, and James is right up there with the best."
- Jenkins on Lynch's sideline dance during Oakland's 45-20 win over the Jets: "That irks my ever-living nerves. I was on kick-off return and I saw it happen and it's infuriating and I wanted them to kick the ball short so we could get more contact. That p****d me off. I'm an old-school guy, and I don't like [it] when things like that happen... It was embarrassing losing like that. Having Marshawn dancing like that, good player, seeing that happen, that should infuriate the whole team."
- Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin on Sunday's 12-9 win over the 49ers: "It was ugly. Ugly as hell."
- Packers receiver Davante Adams on the controversial pass interference calls that went against his team in the 34-23 loss to the Atlanta Falcons: "Nobody gets called on that like we do. But it is what it is. The rule is just – it's a judgment call for the refs. We didn't violate anything, so that should have been four more points on the scoreboard. At the end of the day, it's up to them and they'll come and talk to us in the offseason about how they messed up on certain calls and things. That's part of the game. We can't be the ref. If we could, then it would have been called a little bit better on that."
- Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on Koo: "We're still riding with him. And we're hoping that he'll bounce back."
- Bengals backup quarterback AJ McCarron on Dalton: "Do you think he wants to have tipped balls that turn into interceptions? Has he worked his whole life for that, has he worked all week for that? No... Listen, I think I'm a great quarterback and I think he's an unbelievable quarterback, I love him to death, but he's our quarterback, stop making it into something else."
- NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart on the L.A. market: "We remain confident that the city of Los Angeles can support in a very strong way two franchises, and we’re committed to making that happen as we work toward the opening of the new stadium."
- Zimmer on Bradford: "Sam is okay. He might play one game from now, he might play six weeks from now. Either way, he's fine."
- New York Giants coach Ben McAdoo on Eli Manning's delay of game penalty in the third quarter of Monday's 24-10 loss to the Detroit Lions: "Sloppy quarterback play. The quarterback and center need be on the same page there. We've got to get the ball snapped. We have a veteran quarterback who's played a lot of football. I expect us to get the ball snapped."
26 de abril 2018
|I´m the best defender in Serie A, says Inter´s Miranda|
|Real Madrid still relying on Bale – Zidane|
|´I don´t f****** want to´ – Harvey refused to talk about bullpen debut|
|Wilder´s camp extends $50m offer for fight with Joshua|
|Ramos: Madrid were expected to win 3-0 but Bayern are difficult|
|Boateng casts doubt over Bayern future|
|Salah a Ballon d´Or contender, says Lovren|
|Muller demands killer mentality from Bayern at Bernabeu|
|Cavs´ Hill ruled out of game five with back spasms|
|Kimmich: Bayern should have beaten Madrid 7-2|
|Brewers´ Thames placed on DL with torn thumb ligament|
|Heynckes: We gave Real Madrid two goals|
|Wenger intends to ´play in Europe again´|
|Madrid suffered in Munich triumph, says Kroos|
25 de abril 2018
|Hitting new heights, but Empire State visit not to Masters champion Reed´s liking|
|Isco injury prompted Asensio introduction – Zidane|
|Halep survives Rybarikova scare, Kerber extracts Kvitova revenge|
|Ronaldo breaks record for wins in Champions League|
|Makarova falls to Krunic in Istanbul|
|Bayern Munich 1 Real Madrid 2: Asensio seals smash-and-grab win for Zidane´s men|
|Wenger clarifies comment on Arsenal exit ´timing´|
|Boateng injury worry for Bayern and Germany|
|Nadal in control, as Djokovic, Nishikori exit in Barcelona|
|Robben injured in Bayern v Madrid Champions League semi-final|
|Icardi will wait for World Cup dream|
|Arthur hopes Smith, Warner and Bancroft can play county cricket|
|Dhoni and Rayudu star as Super Kings down RCB in thriller|
|NFL Draft 2018: Five overrated prospects|
|Oxlade-Chamberlain ´absolutely devastated´ by knee injury|
|NFL Draft 2018: Five potential first-round surprises|
|Simeone hails Wenger and distances himself from Arsenal switch|
|Madrid bench Benzema and Bale as James starts for Bayern|
|NFL Draft 2018: Teams with most riding on draft|
|Salah used to have problems in front of goal, says former Basel team-mate Sommer|
|Oxlade-Chamberlain ruled out of World Cup|
|Arsenal´s Bellerin slams Daily Mail as ´click baiters´|
|Rodgers and Paul to take NFL-NBA battle to the golf course|
|Gurley, Elliott & Fournette - The top-10 running backs of the last 10 years|
|I truly could have shot 59 - Spieth reflects on Augusta charge|
|Bruno Mars, Britney Spears to perform at US GP|
|Mourinho suggests United were ´not prepared to win´ before his arrival|
|Wolves in the clear over Mendes link-up|
|Salzburg first, history later for Garcia and Marseille|
|Nadal overcomes plucky Carballes Baena to make more clay history|
|Tennis´ governing bodies acknowledge ´vulnerabilities´ after independent integrity review|
|Leeds owner defends controversial Myanmar tour|
|ICC apologises, launches investigation into controversial tweet|
|Moeen: England should have dropped me sooner|
|Henderson: Injured fan´s recovery is the only result that matters|
|Ronaldo sends signed shirt to Manchester United star Rashford|
|Independent review says tennis faces ´serious integrity problem´ with betting|
|Djokovic stunned by Klizan in Barcelona|
|This group deserves something special – Wenger wants to exit on a high|
|North to return to Wales with Ospreys|
|Vieira ´ready for Europe´ amid reported Arsenal interest|
|Wenger focused on Arsenal despite desire to keep working elsewhere|
|Mourinho has made me a better person, says McTominay|
|Gerard sacked as Barca B coach after woeful winless run|
|Sensational Storm demolish Warriors, Dragons win again|
|Bayern links ´an honour´ for Madrid man Bale|
|F1 Raceweek: Vettel closing in on milestone - Azerbaijan GP in numbers|
|It is wide open - Wozniacki hopeful over Roland Garros chances|
|Roma ashamed by Liverpool fan attack|
|Wade, Ginobili will not be rushed over retirement decisions|
|UEFA ´shocked by vile attack´ on Liverpool fan|
|Mayfield´s Big 12 dominance & Jackson the dual threat - The 2018 Quarterback class in Opta numbers|
|Campbell tips Vieira and Bergkamp to replace Wenger|
|Courtois to sue former Belgium coach Wilmots|
|Heavyweights Ronaldo and Lewandowski go head to head – Champions League in Opta numbers|
|Spurs, Heat eliminated as Celtics go up 3-2|