New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton did his best Captain Obvious impression when asked about Tom Brady's huge bounceback game Sunday. Brady also lauded one of his running backs as one of the best team-mates he's ever had.
New York Jets linebacker Jordan Jenkins had no issue with Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch dancing on the sideline, but said his team-mates should be bothered by Sunday's embarrassing loss.
The Seattle Seahawks had an "ugly" win over the San Francisco 49ers. the Green Bay Packers are upset with officiating and the Los Angeles Chargers are sticking with rookie kicker Younghoe Koo, who is just one for four after missing two in Sunday's "brutal" loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Struggling quarterback Andy Dalton still has the backing of the Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer gives a confusing update on Sam Bradford's knee and the NFL still thinks Los Angeles will embrace the Rams and Chargers despite Sunday's poor attendance.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
- Payton on Brady's 447 passing yards against the Saints: "Obviously, there were some guys open."
10 undefeated teams remain... pic.twitter.com/XV5EYKokvr— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2017
- Brady on Patriots running back James White: "I've played with a lot of great team-mates, and James is right up there with the best."
- Jenkins on Lynch's sideline dance during Oakland's 45-20 win over the Jets: "That irks my ever-living nerves. I was on kick-off return and I saw it happen and it's infuriating and I wanted them to kick the ball short so we could get more contact. That p****d me off. I'm an old-school guy, and I don't like [it] when things like that happen... It was embarrassing losing like that. Having Marshawn dancing like that, good player, seeing that happen, that should infuriate the whole team."
- Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin on Sunday's 12-9 win over the 49ers: "It was ugly. Ugly as hell."
- Packers receiver Davante Adams on the controversial pass interference calls that went against his team in the 34-23 loss to the Atlanta Falcons: "Nobody gets called on that like we do. But it is what it is. The rule is just – it's a judgment call for the refs. We didn't violate anything, so that should have been four more points on the scoreboard. At the end of the day, it's up to them and they'll come and talk to us in the offseason about how they messed up on certain calls and things. That's part of the game. We can't be the ref. If we could, then it would have been called a little bit better on that."
- Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on Koo: "We're still riding with him. And we're hoping that he'll bounce back."
- Bengals backup quarterback AJ McCarron on Dalton: "Do you think he wants to have tipped balls that turn into interceptions? Has he worked his whole life for that, has he worked all week for that? No... Listen, I think I'm a great quarterback and I think he's an unbelievable quarterback, I love him to death, but he's our quarterback, stop making it into something else."
- NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart on the L.A. market: "We remain confident that the city of Los Angeles can support in a very strong way two franchises, and we’re committed to making that happen as we work toward the opening of the new stadium."
- Zimmer on Bradford: "Sam is okay. He might play one game from now, he might play six weeks from now. Either way, he's fine."
- New York Giants coach Ben McAdoo on Eli Manning's delay of game penalty in the third quarter of Monday's 24-10 loss to the Detroit Lions: "Sloppy quarterback play. The quarterback and center need be on the same page there. We've got to get the ball snapped. We have a veteran quarterback who's played a lot of football. I expect us to get the ball snapped."
20 de enero 2018
|Kerber downs Sharapova in Melbourne masterclass|
|I prefer Fekir to Neymar - Lyon president Aulas fires another pre-match barb at PSG|
|Wales dealt Priestland blow ahead of Six Nations|
|Zverev fails to reach last 16 after shock loss to Chung|
|Will Smith brings A-list power to the Big Bash League|
|Sleep and chocolate – Halep too exhausted to think about tennis|
|Beal leads Wizards past Pistons, Raptors edge Spurs|
|Dortmund boss Stoger leaves door open for Aubameyang return amid Arsenal links|
|Davis tired but upbeat after matching Aus Open record in marathon loss to Halep|
|Halep prevails in record-equalling epic at Australian Open|
|Neymar can play with Ronaldo at Real Madrid – Mijatovic|
|Dyche compares Sanchez-Man United move to Harry Potter|
|Landry grabs second-round lead as Rahm lurks|
|Kristaps Porzingis takes subtle jab at fans, media for All-Star starter snub|
|Schurrle annoyed at more dropped Dortmund points|
|Carrick expected to become Man Utd coach, reveals Mourinho|
19 de enero 2018
|Koepka faces race to be ready for Masters|
|Barkley ´obsessed´ with becoming world-class at Chelsea|
|Guardiola wants ´three or four´ signings but rules out Sanchez alternative|
|Conte defends Chelsea amid surprise Carroll & Crouch links|
|Atlanta United wrap up Barco signing for MLS record fee|
|Derby County 0 Bristol City 0: Penalty controversy in goalless draw|
|Pau clinch top spot with perfect record|
|Hertha Berlin 1 Borussia Dortmund 1: Kagawa equalises in Aubameyang´s absence|
|Brighton break transfer record for Locadia|
|Dortmund still waiting on ´concrete´ offer for Aubameyang|
|Tom Brady addresses media, reveals no details of hand injury|
|Can will ´give everything´ at Liverpool despite Juventus talks|
|One Direction star trained with Mourinho´s Chelsea|
|Goretzka asks Schalke fans to not turn on him after agreeing Bayern deal|
|Youngs agrees new Leicester deal|
|Wozniacki slams ´rude´ umpire after Bertens win|
|Van Persie secures return to Feyenoord|
|Conte should replace Wenger at Arsenal, claims Carragher|
|Kimmich named Germany’s 2017 Player of the Year|
|Nadal´s best required against in-form Schwartzman|
|Moyes denies scouting Batshuayi and deals Chelsea blow with Carroll injury|
|Vunipola´s Six Nations hopes dashed as 12-week absence confirmed|
|No one like Ronaldinho until Messi - Guardiola lavishes praise on Brazil great|
|Simeone shrugs off mentality concerns at Atletico Madrid|
|Going for gold? Neymar meets Beckham in matching jackets|
|You think I change my mind that quick? – Klopp faithful to No.1 Karius|
|Conte backs Morata to overcome disciplinary concerns|
|Lloris a doubt for Southampton game, confirms Pochettino|
|Pieters edges into Abu Dhabi lead|
|Klopp doubts Alexis Sanchez tug-of-war decided by money|
|Conte admits Pedro dived|
|Valencia tie down Torres amid Real Madrid, Barcelona reports|
|Bangladesh claim record win over Sri Lanka|
|Congratulations! Guardiola offers well wishes to United-bound Sanchez|
|Pele pulls out of London event amid conflicting health reports|
|Conte would be ´happy´ for transfer help|
|Kontaveit dumps Ostapenko out, Wozniacki battles through|
|Sanchez to United not done at all, insists Mourinho|
|Rafa sails through, Kyrgios books Dimitrov showdown|
|Emery refuses to indulge Neymar-Cavani penalty debate|
|Wozniacki battles past stubborn Bertens|
|Goretzka chose Bayern over England, Spain and Italy – Heynckes|
|BBBofC ready to lift Fury suspension|
|I would reject such players – Heynckes slams ´selfish´ Aubameyang|
|Kyrgios proves cool credentials to Will Smith in Tsonga win|
|Western Sydney Wanderers 0 Melbourne Victory 3: Barbarouses extends purple patch|
|Conte likes Dzeko but Chelsea have made no offer, says agent|
|Goretzka´s Bayern move good for Bundesliga, suggests Rummenigge|
|Root guides England home as Finch century proves in vain again|
|Walcott left Arsenal with his things in bin bags|
|Nadal breezes past Dzumhur in Melbourne|
|Schalke confirm Goretzka will join Bayern|
|Sergi Roberto renews Barca deal until 2022|
|Fernandinho seals extended Manchester City contract|