New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton did his best Captain Obvious impression when asked about Tom Brady's huge bounceback game Sunday. Brady also lauded one of his running backs as one of the best team-mates he's ever had.
New York Jets linebacker Jordan Jenkins had no issue with Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch dancing on the sideline, but said his team-mates should be bothered by Sunday's embarrassing loss.
The Seattle Seahawks had an "ugly" win over the San Francisco 49ers. the Green Bay Packers are upset with officiating and the Los Angeles Chargers are sticking with rookie kicker Younghoe Koo, who is just one for four after missing two in Sunday's "brutal" loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Struggling quarterback Andy Dalton still has the backing of the Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer gives a confusing update on Sam Bradford's knee and the NFL still thinks Los Angeles will embrace the Rams and Chargers despite Sunday's poor attendance.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
- Payton on Brady's 447 passing yards against the Saints: "Obviously, there were some guys open."
10 undefeated teams remain... pic.twitter.com/XV5EYKokvr— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2017
- Brady on Patriots running back James White: "I've played with a lot of great team-mates, and James is right up there with the best."
- Jenkins on Lynch's sideline dance during Oakland's 45-20 win over the Jets: "That irks my ever-living nerves. I was on kick-off return and I saw it happen and it's infuriating and I wanted them to kick the ball short so we could get more contact. That p****d me off. I'm an old-school guy, and I don't like [it] when things like that happen... It was embarrassing losing like that. Having Marshawn dancing like that, good player, seeing that happen, that should infuriate the whole team."
- Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin on Sunday's 12-9 win over the 49ers: "It was ugly. Ugly as hell."
- Packers receiver Davante Adams on the controversial pass interference calls that went against his team in the 34-23 loss to the Atlanta Falcons: "Nobody gets called on that like we do. But it is what it is. The rule is just – it's a judgment call for the refs. We didn't violate anything, so that should have been four more points on the scoreboard. At the end of the day, it's up to them and they'll come and talk to us in the offseason about how they messed up on certain calls and things. That's part of the game. We can't be the ref. If we could, then it would have been called a little bit better on that."
- Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on Koo: "We're still riding with him. And we're hoping that he'll bounce back."
- Bengals backup quarterback AJ McCarron on Dalton: "Do you think he wants to have tipped balls that turn into interceptions? Has he worked his whole life for that, has he worked all week for that? No... Listen, I think I'm a great quarterback and I think he's an unbelievable quarterback, I love him to death, but he's our quarterback, stop making it into something else."
- NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart on the L.A. market: "We remain confident that the city of Los Angeles can support in a very strong way two franchises, and we’re committed to making that happen as we work toward the opening of the new stadium."
- Zimmer on Bradford: "Sam is okay. He might play one game from now, he might play six weeks from now. Either way, he's fine."
- New York Giants coach Ben McAdoo on Eli Manning's delay of game penalty in the third quarter of Monday's 24-10 loss to the Detroit Lions: "Sloppy quarterback play. The quarterback and center need be on the same page there. We've got to get the ball snapped. We have a veteran quarterback who's played a lot of football. I expect us to get the ball snapped."
22 de octubre 2017
|Red Sox name Alex Cora as new manager|
|WATCH: Golfer Donaldson celebrates card retention with fully-clothed pool dive|
|Allegri thanks Mandzukic for red card in Udinese rout|
|CAF Champions League Review: Al Ahly advance to final in dazzling style|
|Let´s get ready to rumble! Buffer and Bolt set the stage for US GP|
|Armand double leads Exeter past Montpellier as La Rochelle win big|
|Liverpool deserve to be ninth, says under-pressure Klopp|
|Latham credits Taylor´s calming influence for reverse-sweep success|
|Wrong news - Wenger rubbishes Ozil exit rumours|
|Klopp slams Lovren: I would have stopped Kane getting the ball!|
|Udinese 2 Juventus 6: Khedira hat-trick inspires Bianconeri rout|
|We could have scored more - Two-goal Kane hails ´unbelievable´ Tottenham|
|Tottenham´s Kane one of the best - Pochettino|
|Del Potro retains Stockholm crown to enhance ATP Finals hopes|
|Atletico needed win at Celta, says Simeone|
|Tottenham set Premier League attendance record|
|Tottenham 4 Liverpool 1: Kane double increases pressure on Klopp|
|Centurion Kohli surpasses Ponting but Latham and Taylor thwart India|
|Montella questions VAR, promises ´united´ Milan will deliver|
|Tsonga overcomes Schwartzman to claim Antwerp crown|
|Garcia edges out Luiten for another Valderrama victory|
|Celta Vigo 0 Atletico Madrid 1: Fit-again Gameiro ends visitors´ winless run|
|Du Plessis carried off but Proteas seal whitewash|
|Bishoo snares five as Windies turn tables on Zimbabwe|
|Wenger: Ozil back to his best for dominant Arsenal|
|Dolberg double sinks Feyenoord in De Klassieker|
|We´ve let him down – Keane backs Koeman after Arsenal capitulation|
|Ospreys´ Baldwin shows off gruesome lion bite injury|
|It´s not time to be crazy - Koeman calls for calm after Everton thumping|
|Mertesacker lauds compatriot Ozil after Everton thumping|
|AC Milan 0 Genoa 0: Bonucci sees red as 10-man Rossoneri fight for point|
|Guangzhou Evergrande claim seventh straight Chinese Super League crown|
|Everton 2 Arsenal 5: Koeman on the brink as hosts capitulate|
|Dzumhur wins again in Russia, Berankis eyes swift revenge|
|Dovizioso downplays early error´s importance|
|Muguruza survives late Ostapenko surge in Singapore|
|Ipswich Town 0 Norwich City 1: Maddison gives Canaries more derby glory|
|Gary Neville thinks he is done as a football manager|
|Marquez hoping for serene title tilt after Phillip Island fright|
|Ibrahimovic has ´minimum´ five or six years left, claims Raiola|
|Pliskova kickstarts WTA Finals with statement win over Venus|
|A-League Review: Vargas injury mars Newcastle Jets win, late winner gives Perth Glory first victory|
|Maybe the Premier League title race is already over - Klopp|
|Joshua frustrated with Pulev withdrawal|
|Rossi: I could have fought Marquez if not for crazy Iannone|
|Pochettino accuses Walker of ´alarming lack of respect´ over Tottenham exit|
|Folau won´t play until 2018 after Barbarians clash|
|Red-hot Thomas survives play-off to win The CJ Cup at Nine Bridges|
|Back-to-back titles loom for Marquez after winning Phillip Island thriller|
|Girardi unsure of Yankees future after Astros loss|
|Warriors, Cavs and Thunder lose as Rockets stay perfect|
|Astros blank Yankees to earn World Series showdown with Dodgers|
|Curry, Durant both ejected in final minute of Warriors´ loss to Grizzlies|
|Pochettino: Mourinho put Dier in compromising position amid United interest|
|Sarri: Napoli care more about Serie A than Champions League|
|Portis apologises for punching Bulls team-mate Mirotic|
|Vettel hails Ferrari pace as title hopeful aims to stop Hamilton|
|F1 title will have to wait unless Vettel makes silly mistake – Hamilton|
|My goal was legal against Malaga, insists Barca´s Deulofeu|
|Newcastle overcome Bordeaux as Edinburgh make history in Moscow|
|Valverde does ´not see any problem´ with Suarez´s sour substitution reaction|
|Hamilton dominates in Austin as title moves into view|
|Ignore the noise, says under-fire Ozil|
21 de octubre 2017
|It´s like playing against aliens - Inter´s Spalletti hails Napoli players after draw|
|PSG duo Alves and Lucas to miss Marseille clash|
|CAF Champions League Review: Wydad Casablanca book final berth|
|Saracens survive Ospreys scare, Clermont win marred by Lopez injury|
|Getting there - Murray posts positive update on comeback from injury|
|Napoli 0 Inter 0: Handanovic heroics put an end to Partenopei´s winning streak|
|Barcelona 2 Malaga 0: Controversial win sees hosts extend LaLiga lead|