New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton did his best Captain Obvious impression when asked about Tom Brady's huge bounceback game Sunday. Brady also lauded one of his running backs as one of the best team-mates he's ever had.
New York Jets linebacker Jordan Jenkins had no issue with Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch dancing on the sideline, but said his team-mates should be bothered by Sunday's embarrassing loss.
The Seattle Seahawks had an "ugly" win over the San Francisco 49ers. the Green Bay Packers are upset with officiating and the Los Angeles Chargers are sticking with rookie kicker Younghoe Koo, who is just one for four after missing two in Sunday's "brutal" loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Struggling quarterback Andy Dalton still has the backing of the Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer gives a confusing update on Sam Bradford's knee and the NFL still thinks Los Angeles will embrace the Rams and Chargers despite Sunday's poor attendance.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
- Payton on Brady's 447 passing yards against the Saints: "Obviously, there were some guys open."
10 undefeated teams remain... pic.twitter.com/XV5EYKokvr— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2017
- Brady on Patriots running back James White: "I've played with a lot of great team-mates, and James is right up there with the best."
- Jenkins on Lynch's sideline dance during Oakland's 45-20 win over the Jets: "That irks my ever-living nerves. I was on kick-off return and I saw it happen and it's infuriating and I wanted them to kick the ball short so we could get more contact. That p****d me off. I'm an old-school guy, and I don't like [it] when things like that happen... It was embarrassing losing like that. Having Marshawn dancing like that, good player, seeing that happen, that should infuriate the whole team."
- Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin on Sunday's 12-9 win over the 49ers: "It was ugly. Ugly as hell."
- Packers receiver Davante Adams on the controversial pass interference calls that went against his team in the 34-23 loss to the Atlanta Falcons: "Nobody gets called on that like we do. But it is what it is. The rule is just – it's a judgment call for the refs. We didn't violate anything, so that should have been four more points on the scoreboard. At the end of the day, it's up to them and they'll come and talk to us in the offseason about how they messed up on certain calls and things. That's part of the game. We can't be the ref. If we could, then it would have been called a little bit better on that."
- Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on Koo: "We're still riding with him. And we're hoping that he'll bounce back."
- Bengals backup quarterback AJ McCarron on Dalton: "Do you think he wants to have tipped balls that turn into interceptions? Has he worked his whole life for that, has he worked all week for that? No... Listen, I think I'm a great quarterback and I think he's an unbelievable quarterback, I love him to death, but he's our quarterback, stop making it into something else."
- NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart on the L.A. market: "We remain confident that the city of Los Angeles can support in a very strong way two franchises, and we’re committed to making that happen as we work toward the opening of the new stadium."
- Zimmer on Bradford: "Sam is okay. He might play one game from now, he might play six weeks from now. Either way, he's fine."
- New York Giants coach Ben McAdoo on Eli Manning's delay of game penalty in the third quarter of Monday's 24-10 loss to the Detroit Lions: "Sloppy quarterback play. The quarterback and center need be on the same page there. We've got to get the ball snapped. We have a veteran quarterback who's played a lot of football. I expect us to get the ball snapped."
21 de agosto 2018
|Struff stuns Cecchinato, Jarry reaches last 16|
|I´ll prove people wrong - Bolt completes first Mariners training session|
|Former champ Kvitova tops Radwanska, Pliskova ousted|
|Sad if it´s Filipe Luis´ last game for Atletico - Oblak|
|White Sox manager Rick Renteria hospitalised before game|
|Carragher: Van Dijk can become Liverpool legend|
|No timetable for Sale return from shoulder injury|
|This is a partnership - Rodgers on contract negotiations with Packers|
|Eagles QB Wentz unsure he´ll be cleared to play opener|
|Balotelli staying at Nice|
|It wasn´t a penalty, says Hodgson as Palace boss fumes at refereeing decisions|
|Salah can play much better - Klopp demands more from Liverpool star|
|Gasly to Red Bull: Vettel, Verstappen and the drivers who took their Toro Rosso chance|
|Klopp in the dark on Karius future amid links to Besiktas|
|Simeone pleased with draw after rigours of Super Cup|
20 de agosto 2018
|Captain Reus saves Dortmund in DFB-Pokal|
|I couldn´t care less - Klopp rejects title challenge talk|
|Ailing Bairstow keen to aid England´s unlikely victory bid at Trent Bridge|
|Redskins secure Peterson signing|
|Manchester City goalkeeper Bravo suffers ruptured Achilles|
|Crystal Palace 0 Liverpool 2: Milner and Mane secure victory at Selhurst Park|
|Whyte takes aim at ´coward´ Fury ahead of Wilder showdown|
|Jets delighted with Darnold, open to trading Bridgewater|
|Gasly to replace Ricciardo at Red Bull|
|Valencia 1 Atletico Madrid 1: Rodrigo strikes to deny Simeone´s side|
|Injured Halep withdraws from Connecticut Open|
|Cipriani fined £2,000 by Gloucester|
|Mourinho will be sacked before Christmas, says Sharpe|
|England face record chase after Kohli smashes India to huge lead|
|Ozil captaining Arsenal a miracle - Hoeness|
|Japan players apologise for ´thoughtless, careless´ actions at Asian Games|
|Henry wants Bordeaux job, Wenger confirms|
|Pogba too inconsistent and not a leader, claims Scholes|
|PCB chairman Sethi resigns in letter to Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan|
|US Open comes too soon for Tsonga|
|Unpredictable results making 2018 F1 season a classic - Wolff|
|Mendy restricts phone use on Guardiola advice|
|Modric brands Inter approach claim ´the greatest nonsense in history´|
|Runners and Ryders: Olesen leapfrogs Poulter into last Team Europe berth|
|Kenedy escapes further action over Camarasa kick|
|England´s Bairstow suffers ´small fracture´ to finger|
|Gonalons joins Sevilla on loan from Roma|
|Modric, Ronaldo and Salah final UEFA Player of the Year nominees|
|Tottenham to play opening Champions League home match at Wembley|
|Karius´ Champions League blunders did not lead to Alisson signing - Klopp|
|Leeds considered €20m Conte offer before turning to Bielsa|
|Modric, Rakitic lead new era for World Cup finalists Croatia|
|Storm´s Chambers banned for three weeks, Smith injury not serious|
|Porte to race Vuelta after recovering from Tour crash|
|The Career Golden Masters: A run-down of Djokovic´s magnificent record|
|Japan send home four basketball players from Asian Games amid prostitution scandal|
|Rugby tackle bags helping Liverpool´s Alisson with Premier League life|
|Federer raring to go at US Open after Djokovic defeat|
|Chelsea boss Sarri plans to give up smoking|
|Alonso´s Toyota team stripped of Silverstone victory|
|Ceballos: No issue with former Real Madrid boss Zidane|
|MLS Review: Martinez equals single-season goalscoring record|
|Astros avoid sweep with win over Athletics|
|Seppi advances, Paire exits Winston-Salem|
|Bale feeling good as Madrid eye sweep of trophies|
|You can´t leave a house three-quarters built – Neville urges United to back Mourinho|
|Dodgers slugger Machado leaves game after being struck by pitch|
|Harden says Carmelo will ´be a good fit´ for Rockets|
|Morata: I never considered Chelsea exit|
|Gavrilova kicks off title defence in New Haven|
|Lopetegui pleased with Bale and Real Madrid after LaLiga opener|
|It´s a very special moment – Djokovic revels in Golden Masters achievement|
|Sorrentino thanks Ronaldo for support after injury|
|Twins place Santana on DL with finger injury|
|Yankees´ Gregorius suffers ´pretty significant´ heel bruise|